Facilitator(s): Shannon PItts/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and Times: Saturdays, January 15th - February 19th/ 10:00AM - 12:00PM ET
Location: Online via Zoom from Summerfield, North Carolina
Cost: Full 6 week course: $135.00. Mini course (first 3 classes): $85.00
Parenting Class Description: Come ready to share behavior problems you are experiencing right now and leave with effective discipline strategies that are respectful and encouraging to you- and your child!
Classes are fun, interactive, and experiential to help us 'get into the child's world' and increase our understanding of why some discipline methods are effective, and why others are not. Participants will find accountability, community, and support within their cohort- isn't it nice to know you're not the only one who has struggled! Some topics covered will be:
• Why punishment and rewards don't work- and what to do instead!
• Kind and firm parenting tools that empower children and help them learn for the future (instead of pay for the past).
• Learn how to identify what Mistaken Goal a child is operating from.
• Understand motivation behind misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
• The two primary goals of all children- and what we can do to aid children in reaching them.
Shannon Pitts is a Certified PD Parent Educator, Certified Montessori Infant/Toddler Teacher, Director of Positive Home Educators Co-op, and a mom of two boys.
I am passionate about parenting, and I can't wait to stand alongside of you as we remind ourselves that there is no such thing as a perfect parent, and how rather, we can learn to embrace our mistakes as wonderful opportunities to learn. See you soon!