Facilitator(s): Marcilie Smith Boyle/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and Times: 8 Wednesdays beginning February 3, 2021 and ending March 24, 2021; 11-12:30 pm PST
Location: Online via Zoom from Oakland, California
Cost: $125 per person or $150 per couple
Parenting Class Description: Would you like to:
- yell less
- have fewer power struggles
- connect more
- share the load more
- feel more confident and peaceful in your parenting
- and raise children who are respectful, resilient, and plain old happy?
Then you'll definitely want to join us for Peaceful Parents, Cooperative Kids: from conflict and chaos to cooperation and calm in 8 weeks!
This Parenting with Positive Discipline series will help you show up as the parent you want to be, and create a home where respectful cooperation is the norm. You'll get tangible, practical tips and tools that are easy to implement and work right away.
Here's just some of what you'll learn over the 8-week class:
- Alternatives to rewards and punishments that both work and teach long-term life skills
- My favorite 3-step ritual to stay cool, calm, and curious in the face of really irritating behavior.
- 2 things every child needs for intrinsically motivated cooperation.
- Simple, tangible, and effective Positive Discipline tools to reduce defiance, tantrums, back talk, and other challenging behaviors.
- What it looks and sounds like to parent with kindness and firmness at the same time.
- Specific words you can use to foster resilience and a "growth mindset" in your children.
- All about chores, allowance, and family meetings
- The one principle that matters most in helping your kids to become responsible, respectful, resourceful, and happy adults (and how to put that principle into practice every day.)
Marcilie has been offering this series via Zoom Meetings since 2016, so this is not an experimental delivery method for her. We'll role-play, practice skills, and have large and small group discussions just as we would in-person. Her classes receive an average rating of 4.6/5 stars with excellent reviews.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.