Facilitator(s): Carol Dores, CPDT
Dates and Times:
07/12/2021 - 07/28/2021
10:00 am - 12:15 pm EST Mondays and Wednesdays
(ONLINE FORMAT) New York, New York, United States
Cost: $375 Early Registration, available until 06/12/2021. $425 Regular Registration. Four (4) or more registering together, take $50 off the fee. Limit 24.
Carol helps educators, parents and other adults build stronger relationships with the children in their lives. She brings openness and real life experiences to share, to help facilitate the learning about ourselves and the children whose lives we impact. Carol will use research-backed principles and tools that build skills, restore clarity and confidence, and bring peace in to your classroom, school and home..
Carol co-founded Positive Discipline of Connecticut and is the President of the organization. She also served as Co-Chair of the International Board of Directors of the Positive Discipline Association. Carol is a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer. She has worked with teachers, administrators and staff of preschoolers through high school, as well as hundreds of parents of all aged children (prenatal to adult). She has been a public speaker for over 30 years. She has two adult sons and a husband of over 36 years. Their relationships continue to grow and benefit from Positive Discipline.
Workshop Description: This interactive on-line live and streamed video workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
Minimum 10 participants
Contact: Carol Dores, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-203-794-2099